TAKE YOUR ACTION ONE STEP FURTHER
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What are the training dates?
February 17th: Applications open (applications will close as soon as places are filled)
May 15th: Applications close
Summer 2020: Training takes place over three weekends
- Weekend 1: 27th & 28th June
- Weekend 2: 25th & 26th July
- Weekend 3: 29th & 30th August
End of September 2020: Final pitching session + awards ceremony takes place at Dublin city centre location (date TBC)
Where does the training weekends take place?
The Ideas Collective workshops take place in The Fumbally Stables in Dublin City Centre. We use a central location that is accessible by bus, luas and train.
How much does it cost?
- Early bird: Registrations before March 31st Students €55 / Recent Grads €65 / Non-students €235
- Late bird: Registrations after March 31st Students €70 / Recent Grads €80 / Non-students €250
What's included in the cost?
- 45+ hours of training and workshops spread over three weekends during the summer (Jun, Jul, Aug) − with lunch provided
- Your own dedicated 1-to-1 coach for six months (Jun-Nov)
- Talks by experienced entrepreneurs and experts
- The chance to develop valuable personal and professional skills
- Support and resources from STAND staff and their peers in the collective
Who is eligible to apply?
To be eligible to participate in the Ideas Collective, you must:
Be resident in the Republic of Ireland.
Be enrolled in an Irish third-level institution OR be a recent graduate (up to 1 year)
Be able to participate in ALL group sessions.
Be able to commit at least 4 hours per week (excl workshops) to their project.
Be interested in exploring issues and projects from a global perspective.
Be prepared to take action for one of the award categories
Be part of a group or be willing to take action individually
Have a detailed description of the action you wish to take
Can I take part as an individual or a group?
You can take part in the Ideas Collective either as an individual or as part of a group.
What type of projects are eligible?
- Projects that increase public awareness and engagement with a social or environmental issue. For example: articles, animations, podcasts, documentaries, events, fundraising, campaigns, petitions, etc.
- Projects that deliver an innovative/ practical solution (product or service) to address a social or environmental issue. For example: technological solutions, website, hackathon, app, volunteering initiatives.
What are the project categories I can enter under?
- Climate action
- Inclusion + equality
- Mental health
See more detail on that here.
What are the awards?
CLIMATE ACTION OVERALL WINNER: 1,000 euro
EQUALITY & INCLUSION OVERALL WINNER: 1,000 euro
MENTAL HEALTH OVERALL WINNER: 1,000 euro
All Ideas Collective participants will be invited to the final pitching session and awards ceremony in September 2020.
Winners will be decided by judging panel.
Do I need to have an idea to enter?
If you don’t have an idea at this stage, don’t let that put you off. The first stages of the programme are about understanding your own personal development and what changes you can make in the world, while also learning about different global issues. If you start with an idea, it might change during this process anyway!
I’ve already started working on a project - is that ok?
Yes, that’s fine – though as we focus on early stage ideas you might want to work on a new dimension to your project, or use it as an opportunity to step back and assess if you’re on the right path.
Can I see examples of past projects?
You sure can. Check them out here.
How can I register my interest?
You can register your interest by clicking here.